Management Committee Meeting 6 October 2016

Apologies for Absence – Fred Lewis

Minutes of Management Meeting held on 26 February 2016 were accepted.

Matters Arising.

Benches. The acquisition of 2 further benches were agreed in principle. However, questions were raised on design of the benches in view of the possible paving of the green surrounds; issue to be revisited in the spring.

Honours Board had been replaced & would be updated soon. The old Boards had been photographed for future display. Offers to keep or store the old Boards would be requested at AGM.

 Secretary’s Report.

A number of motions will be raised for the Men’s P&D League AGM in November; these would be considered at Yealmpton’s AGM to determine how Yealmpton would vote.

The bid for funding under the S106 Procedures is now under consideration by the South Hams District Council, who had laid down a number of criteria that had to be satisfied before the money would be released. The Parish Council have donated £1000 and the District Councillor £500 towards a new shed.

The Athletic Club had now been incorporated as an Association and the new Committee in place; they had successfully run the Duck Race & the Gala this year.

Bob recommended, and it was agreed, that Derek Andrews be made an Honorary Member for his long service to the Club. A letter thanking Derek and offering Honorary Membership has been sent)

Treasurer’s Report.

The Club currently held £9644 in the bank, with much of this ring fenced for maintenance of the green and new equipment. Concern was expressed that no rent had been paid to the Athletic Club for 2 years. Income this year was £8082.53 and payments £7507.72.

Fundraising was up this year through County Lunches, quiz nights, mince pie morning, & Opening & Closing day matches. Over £600 was raised at Roseann & Don’s summer lunch which was much appreciated by the Club.

Fixture Secretary.

Alan will continue with this job until John Osborne is able to take up the post. Fixtures for next year were well in hand.

A new printing company is likely to be used next season to improve clarity.

Discussion will take place about closing the green later next season.

Yelverton have asked that we provide a rink in their tournament to celebrate their 90th Anniversary.

Match Secretary’s Report.

The Club had a poor year, just avoiding relegation in the Saturday League; only winning 4 out of 7 matches in the Evening League and 3 out of 7 in the County Trophy.

 Green Marshall’s Report. Maintenance during the season had resulted in another good playing surface this year. Much work had also been completed at end of season and Mark thanked the green team for all their efforts.

 Ladies Secretary’s Report.

The ladies had a good year and gained promotion, winning 8 matches, losing 5 and drawing 1.

Two motions have been referred to P&D and details of these will be put to membership at Yealmpton’s AGM to determine the Club vote.

Competition Committee Report. Fred submitted a written report to the Committee in his absence. All competitions had completed successfully and trophies awarded. He thanked the Competitions Committee for their support.

Captain’s Report.

Fred submitted a written report to the Committee in his absence.

Club nights have not been so well supported and it was agreed to review how & when Club nights are held.

In the South Hams Triples competition, the Club finished last, winning 3 and losing 5 matches. Despite this most players enjoyed playing in these games.

In Mixed Friendly matches the Club won 6 and lost 16, although many of them by a narrow margin

Fred thanked Roseann & Don for arranging the bar, which was a great success. He also thanked Dave & Therese Brenton for successfully organising the raffle prizes.

AGM

The AGM was scheduled for 2pm on Thursday 10 November.

The Agenda was agreed, although new items may be notified to the Secretary up to 2 weeks before in accordance with the Constitution.

There were no nominations for Club Captain or Vice Captain, plus numerous vacancies in the Mixed Selection & Competition Committees.

The AGM had been notified to members by e-mail, website & on the Club Notice Board. Appropriate papers would be issued 2 weeks prior to the AGM.

It was agreed that the Committee would recommend to the AGM that Bernard Menzies be the next Club President.

AOB. Roseann asked that consideration be given for lady players to wear badged blazers at appropriate County matches.

Roseann also suggested the Club set up a social committee to raise money for the club, and provided a list of suggestions (filed with Secretary for use by any social committee).

The Chairman suggested advertisements should be sought for inclusion in the Fixture List, that the Club Christmas dinner should be resurrected, that Officers Job Descriptions be added to Club Rules and that certain windows in the Clubhouse should be replaced.

Mince pie morning would be on 10 December.

Bob Smith

Secretary

October 2015